From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:48:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [RC] Ponying
To: bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think far too many people take ponying far too lightly. It ISN"T easy nor safe nor does it come "naturally" to a horse. It takes training, time, patience and frankly, some aged experience on the part of that pony horse. Not just any horse can be safe doing this. I have seen and unfortunately been in company with people who thought that they were good enough horse men/women to pony another hors eon down the trail. After being nearly wrapped up in a few of their lead ropes ( don't these people KNOW to keep the horse being PONIED up close to their knee?) I don't ride with people ponying anymore. I feel like the bull's eye in target practice for a lot of these people. NEver mind when Bint Tagalong gets away and plows past my horse...sigh

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com