[RC] OLD HORSES - heidi larson

We have two old horses, one (23) retired from endurance due to a pasture
injury, he still loves to go out and now that Tevis is not my immediate focus,
he'll be ponying my yearling and getting to go out, he'll be much happier, he's
been a little depressed with nothing much to do and not enough regular
exercise.  My stepdaughter's rescue (22) absolutely LOVES to go down the trail,
he was not broke til nearly 20, was locked in a stall for nearly 10 years, only
coming out into an arena or paddock occasionally and to be bred.  His eyes
sparkle and his ears couldn't be more forward going down the trail, he's only
done LD and likely won't do anything longer, but boy can this guy (13.3) trot
and keep up with the big boys.  He's a bit of a hard keeper, just had a dental
and he's lost his 3rd or 4th tooth due to all the poor care he had for his
first 19 years.  Quids alot and subsequently gets alot of softened food, but
we'll keep him hauling his junior out on LD
just because he's happiest going down the trail.

.      o o          o o
    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
       o  o    o-- /
                 / \