[RC] Smoke - jeanne pepper

I'm in Mendocino county where we've had alot of fire activity.Several fires were within a couple of miles from my house & we were making evacuation plans.Right now most nearby fires are concidered "contained" but the smoke is very visable depending on how strong the ocean breezes are.

I trailered out to Jackson State Forest on Sunday to get a conditioning ride in since I've been holding off riding hard because of the smoke & the first half of the ride went well but when I climbed up the ridge I saw that the next ridge over was hazy with smoke & nothing was visable at all futher east.The smoke was definitely still a factor so I slowed to a walk & headed back down & westward where it was clear again.Been here over 30 yrs & never had it this bad.Some nights the wind drops & I wake up with a sore throat & irritated eyes.Not good.Hoping  for clear air for Redwood Ride in 2 weeks up north.