Re: [RC] [RC] LD and Placings - FXLivestock

In a message dated 07/07/2008 1:40:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, jlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Because the quality of the experience is
different from different seats.

Why do you assume that the quality of a 50 miler is going to be better than the quality of a 25 miler??  More does not automatically mean better :)   I do not see what the problem is for charging the same when the expenses are the same.  I think that Tammy made a very good point in her post about expenses.

I find it interesting that you feel that ride managers and other riders should carry the expenses of the LD distance because you assume the shorter distance should be less money and because you want to attract new riders?  Perhaps when you managed rides there was a significant difference in "costs" between the 25 and 50 which you passed on to riders.  But in many cases (probably another regional thing) this is not the case.

The best thing about this sport is that we can vote with our feet.  If you don't like how a ride manager runs a ride or like what a ride manager charges, don't support that ride.  In the PS region, there are rides every weekend or every other weekend for most of the year.  Riders are not getting the short end of the stick.

Kim Fuess