RE: [RC] LD weird logic and future repercussions to those who start LD debate! :-) - Kitley, Carrie E Civ USAF AFSPC 30 MDSS/SGSLF

Yes Janelle, here in PS region the LD's are primarily charged the same
fees as 50's, yet we're not considered "endurance" riders, only in
training.  It's not about T-shirts, dinner or wine glasses.  It's about
being considered equal within AERC, but also pertaining to each given
level of riding.  I really could care less about awards because I ride
for the fun of it, but I have to admit there's a discrepancy in
principle embroiled in this topic.  Why do endurance "old-timers" keep
whining about this topic coming up (again), and keep making LD-ers feel
bad for asking questions about points, standings, or whatever else?
We're all supposed to be learning from each other here.  I've learned a
lot about AERC within this topic here.

So, thank you to those who have some patience with the newer folks, but
I for one, resent being called a whiner for asking pertinent and
valuable questions.  Newbie questions may not be valuable to the
mucky-mucks who are way up there on the "endurance" totem pole, but they
are to many others.  And maybe to some others who are just starting out
and are wondering about the rules and workings of AERC.  For those of
you who have taken the time to answer various questions of relative
newbies or preferred LD-ers with patience and kindness, thank you!  For
those of you who have called new riders whiners and have been rude and
condescending in your replies, shame on you.   YOU are the ones who make
"the little people" want to leave and who give AERC a bad name.  Sheesh!
A little patience and compassion goes a very LONG way.  If you're sick
of the "whiners," don't reply!  For the most part, thankfully, I've seen
some very helpful people on this forum.  :)

Carrie