Re: Fw: RE: [RC] Cronin Ranch restrictions - Dana B.

Hold on a minute, Lynelle.  I understand that you are upset, but you are making personal accuasations against someone you do not know regarding a situation you seem to know nothing about.  I do not know you or how long it has been since you moved from the Bay Area, but here in El Dorado County we have attempted to create a situation where we can all work together.

On the other hand, I do know Gail very well. Gail has been working as a private citizen to develop Cronan Ranch since long before it was available for public use. She had devoted years to working with Jeff Horn (whom I also know personally) at the BLM long before she was employed by the Conservancy.  Gail and Jeff (and Sheila and I) and other riders and hikers and cyclists and  hunters and runners and rafters and kayakers and environmentalists worked for years, meeting with the American River Conservancy and the BLM to create a plan that involved cooperation among all the groups.  Gail was one of the original horsemen to start the Divide Trail Patrol at Cronan Ranch and it's expansion to include the cyclists.  She has devoted hours and hours of personal time into making it the great place it is now.  Gail's response is not "PC" as you accuse, but rather from someone who has invested a great deal personally and been there, done that, and knows that the BLM has too few resources to play policeman to sqeaky loose cannons.  Gail has spent days and days at hard physical labor working on the trails.  Gail has paid her dues, BIG time.  And Jeff has always been more than happy to work with Gail and others to find solutions to problems when they are presented to him nicely with solutions in a spirit of cooperation.

Over the past years the BLM has been very cooperative in working with all users of the land *as long as we all work together nicely.*  If we become a burr under their blanket, they *will* shut it down because they do not have the resources to be policemen.  Period.

If you really are interested in doing some good, then I would suggest you join the DivideTrail Patrol (affiliated with the Divide Horsemen's Assn) and work with them on communicating constructively with the BLM.  If you "take them on" and "don't let this go" then you are going to do nothing but make horsemen look like complainers who do not play well with others (which sadly is often the case).  Forget the "enlightening politics,"  the political fact is that the BLM controls Cronan Ranch, the BLM suffers from budget problems and the BLM cannot babysit trail users.  If we become a problem, the solution is to remove us.  And *that* is what Gail was nicely trying to say.

Settle down a bit, and play nice with the system that is in place.  Or we will all lose.

Dana Baldwin,

who also loves Cronan Ranch

PS  As to "who appointed Gail", I believe it was Ranelle who brought her name up because of her past participation in the Divide Trail Patrol and you who contacted her.  Gail's reply was out of consideration for your concerns.  I'm guessing she was trying to be helpful out of habit given her long standing work with Jeff and the BLM.  So much for trying to be helpful.

PPS  In case anyone is interested in seeing the parcel in question, here is a link:

http://www.coloma.com/recreation/cronan-ranch.php