Re: Fw: RE: [RC] Cronin Ranch restrictions - Barbara McCrary

Joining a Horse Patrol is a useful solution.  We have Horse Patrol in the state parks in Santa Cruz County and they work fine.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Dana B.
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: [RC] Cronin Ranch restrictions

If you really are interested in doing some good, then I would suggest you join the DivideTrail Patrol (affiliated with the Divide Horsemen's Assn) and work with them on communicating constructively with the BLM.  If you "take them on" and "don't let this go" then you are going to do nothing but make horsemen look like complainers who do not play well with others (which sadly is often the case).  Forget the "enlightening politics,"  the political fact is that the BLM controls Cronan Ranch, the BLM suffers from budget problems and the BLM cannot babysit trail users.  If we become a problem, the solution is to remove us.  And *that* is what Gail was nicely trying to say.

Dana Baldwin,

who also loves Cronan Ranch

http://www.coloma.com/recreation/cronan-ranch.php