Fw: RE: [RC] Cronin Ranch restrictions - Lynelle Robertson

Well folks read the response from Gail Zeigler at the conservancy. Lets see can we read between the lines. First of all who appointed her to be a spokesperson for creating a compromise for all of us. By the sound of this response it is not a compromise for anyone but the equestrians. Does she mean if we don't comply that horses would loose any access to the park because of the rafters. She did not address why dogs are not restricted from the area where food is prepared and eaten. She has sided stepped the questions I asked. This is one of the most "PC" correct emails I have ever gotten. I have never so much as sat down at one of there tables or used one of their porta potties nor have in all my rides in this park for the last 4 years seen any equestrian using there equipment. I don't intend to let this go. I am going to start trying to find out what this is really about I am sure it will be enlightening politics.

--- On Tue, 7/1/08, Gail Zeigler <gail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Gail Zeigler <gail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Cronin Ranch
To: purplehorsebarn@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 12:12 PM

Hi Lynelle,

Thank you for the e-mail and your input about the seasonal trail closures at Cronan Ranch.  I reread my initial e-mail and feel it is self-explanatory as for the reasons for the closure.  If there is something or some part of the e-mail that you don’t  understand please let me know as I’m sure you would not be the only one who didn’t understand it.  The BLM has also posted a sign at Cronan Ranch explaining the reason for the temporary seasonal closure.  Again, I believe it is fairly self-explanatory.

The BLM has provided access to the river for equestrians on the upstream and downstream sides of the closure.  These are marked with signage.   I find the access acceptable.  The S. Fork of the American River is a dammed river and its water levels are controlled and fluctuate.  Areas that are sandy one day will not be the next depending on the rise and fall of the river.   If you are an endurance rider I am sure you are very experience at finding water for your horse in extreme conditions, which the locations at Cronan are not.

Cronan Ranch is a wonderful addition to our trail corridor.  It can be a very busy park that is utilized by many recreations user groups.  The groups all have different needs, wants and desires.  Compromises are sometimes required when different user groups may have conflicts.

In addition to recreation Cronan Ranch hosts many educational and research projects. There are also stewardship programs that ARC hosts at Cronan in partnership with the BLM.   If you are a frequent user of Cronan you may want to consider volunteering for one of these events come this fall.   By volunteering with other users groups of the park you can gain insight as to other users groups activities and it’s a chance to provide non-equestrians with insight about horses.

My work/travel/volunteer schedule is pretty hectic right now so I’m not sure when I’ll have time to ride.  August is looking like a GREAT month so maybe we can hook up then???

Thank you for the e-mail.  Gail

Gail Zeigler

Volunteer Outreach Coordinator

American River Conservancy

(530)621-1224

gail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

**If you woke up breathing you're already having a pretty good day**