RE: [RC] Bathtub Water Tank - Mellifluous

Get some little bales of barley designed for use in water gardens or stock tanks.  They work wonders at keeping algae from growing in a stock tank/other watering devices.  Tractor supply sold them under the name of "stock tank friend" or something like that.  You can also order them from water garden supply places.  It takes a week or two of soaking before they start working, but then they last for months.  The water in my stock tank stays crystal clear!

Mel

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:54:39 -0500
From: vnicoson@xxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Bathtub Water Tank

We're getting a used cast iron bathtub to be used as a stock tank...we already have a rubbermaid type but I know the cast iron ones are better...no cracks ;-)  Have a couple questions:

What's the best way to clean these up before use and how does one clean/keep them clean?

Is there anyway to install a heater in one of these?  Please tell...

For draining I'm sure the old drain will work just fine.  But do I use the standard bathtub plug or is there something better to use?

Feel free to bring on any suggestions, etc that may be of use.

Val + The Herd

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.? For now, give amongst yourselves. Learn More