Re: [RC] [RC] Bathtub Water Tank - Maryanne Gabbani

I have about 6 old bathtubs in my paddocks and love them because they actually hold enough water for the horses in the summer. We don't have to worry about heating them in Egypt. In some cases we've built brick boxes around them and in others we had an iron worker build us a framework out of old pipes that the tub sits in so it's off the ground and to keep edges away from legs. We use a regular drain for them but try to have a pipe that lets the water drain away a bit from the tub. I haven't had any problems with them at all. Some of the dogs do jump in an lie down in them, but since my dogs are confined to the farm and only get tick medication twice a year in the spring and fall, I don't worry about it. The horses aren't worried about them either and I've seen them come over to tease a semi-submerged dog on occasion. It usually results in an eruption of fur and water...most pleasing to the ponies. LOL