Re: [RC] Bathtub Water Tank - Barbara McCrary

My husband carved a round plug out of a branch to fit the drain.  Granted, we have redwood for that and it doesn't disintegrate in the water.  We don't need heaters here, so I can't address that.  As for cleaning, we usually don't bother, or if you have water heavy to calcium as we do, we just scrape the settled calcium off with a metal scraper.  There's no need to worry about how it looks.  Bathtubs last forever!

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:54 PM
Subject: [RC] Bathtub Water Tank

We're getting a used cast iron bathtub to be used as a stock tank...we already have a rubbermaid type but I know the cast iron ones are better...no cracks ;-)  Have a couple questions:

What's the best way to clean these up before use and how does one clean/keep them clean?

Is there anyway to install a heater in one of these?  Please tell...

For draining I'm sure the old drain will work just fine.  But do I use the standard bathtub plug or is there something better to use?

Feel free to bring on any suggestions, etc that may be of use.

Val + The Herd