Re: [RC] [RC] FW: Fireworks as a begginer ride - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Well, in all fairness let us consider that the OP sent that post as a private email.  I know I have not been cognizant, at times, when I have a response to an email privately.  As such have inadvertently reposted to the group rather responding to the OP!  With that in mind we all should probably look past the OP's input and address a very serious issue, as Sandy as stated, and that would be manners on the trial.  Sandy is absolutely on the mark with her post.  I have seen, not only on the endurance circuit, but rather, trail wise, some riders, have no manners.  So, how do we address this issue most affectively?

What, for example, do most of you, experienced endurance riders, do when you come upon, and/or have been affected by an ill mannered rider?  What do you suppose the protocol should be?  As Ranelle can attest - I do not have a quiet voice (number of years in the Air Force) and have not failed to use it when necessary on the trail to avert a disaster.  Most, and usually they are mountain bikers, realize they would or could have put a horse and rider in jeopardy, are polite and apologetic.  Especially when I ask them to consider the fact there may be many NEW riders to the industry and as such may not have full control of their horse.  I don't know that I have ever come across an impolite rider on the trail - yet!  Usually they know before I have to turn and look at them that they are in the wrong and apologize.

However, I would like to hear lots of input on your own situation analysis, from your own experiences, how it was or could have been best handled!  Thanks!  Thank you Julienne, Carrie, and Sandy for opening up a great and timely topic.

D'Arcy