Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Caution around trailheads - Lynn Kinsky

On Jan 10, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Truman Prevatt wrote:

I used to spend a lot of time at the AFB outside Boston. My knuckles are still white from driving there. One time we fly in and decide to stop in downtown or dinner on our way out East. There was a U2 concert in town that night. It was packed. I actually saw a guy driving up on the sidewalk to get around all the people in the street. I made a comment to my traveling mate. A native beside us heard me and said, "it's quite common in Boston." I am sure he was kidding =-O .

Truman

I used to come down from Dartmouth to visit my boyfriend at MIT, but I drove as far as his apartment and then let him do the driving until it was time for me to head back to Route 3 and safety (I learned to drive in Miami -- it's not like I was a traffic wuss). The double parking on both sides of Mass Ave really blew me away (and I saw someone driving on the side walk because they were blocked in on the street side!, and if I never see another traffic rotary again I'll die a happy woman.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/

http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/JoyOfRiding/index.htm