Re: [RC] annual rabies or not? - Amber Roberts

Just wondering if anyone has info about the necessity of horses getting vaccinated every year rather than every two or 3 years for rabies. The following info is regarding dogs.

Kathy

Laws where I live were changed so that a 3 year vaccine can actually now be given to dogs every 3 years, not annually.  However, our vet was just out to do all the annual stuff to our horses, Coggins, etc., and he recommends that horses still be given the shot annually.

Amber