Re: [RC] annual rabies or not? - vickie5364

IMRAB 3 is approved dosagee for equines and camelids for one year. For canines and felines for 3 years AFTER 2 back to back years of vaccine

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Everhart <rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 8:57 pm
Subject: Re: [RC] annual rabies or not?

I had my Vet check this out with the manufacturer just last week, as we have been operating on the assumption that Rab Vac 3 was good for three years.  The manufacturer said NO, that horses metabolize the vaccine too quickly and that all equines needed an annual rabies vaccine for protection.

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082