Re: [RC] [RC] Was Black bears on the trail- California, now invasive exotic plants - Barbara McCrary

I find it very interesting that some people can pontificate on the evils of man's presence on Earth. Man was put on the earth just as other animals were. One of our problems is overpopulation, but then, the same could be said for mice, rats, ground squirrels and a few other species. I don't feel that I am any less a part of the Earth and Nature's plan than any other animal. And Man is a thinking animal that is, at present, working on trying to solve some of Earth's problems. I think some of the directions that Man is taking are totally backwards and non-productive, but that's another story. I really don't care to hear any more of your input regarding how we were disturbing Nature's balance because we rafted down the Colorado.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Sherrell" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:29 PM
Subject: FW: [RC] [RC] Was Black bears on the trail- California, now invasive exotic plants

If you made any birds fly up from feeding, or scared off a fish that was
about to strike at a bug on the surface beside your raft, you disturbed the
habitat, increased the amount of energy they needed to expend to survive,
and reduced their ability to reproduce.

That doesn't count the paved road in and out of the park, the meadow your
house and lawn covered up, the habitat around the world that was torn up to
get at the gas you burned and the steel you burned it in, or the land that
used to feed other animals that now feeds you.

Same for me, of course.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell
Grizzly Analytical