[RC] Trailer addident/endurance rider in need - sherman

Yes, this was a very tragic accident. My heart goes out to Dave and Roxanne on the loss of Thunder (as well as all Dave’s equipment).

Now is a good time to talk about what to do if a trailer begins to fishtail. I asked my husband if I should brake slowly if the trailer starts fishtailing. He warned that speeding up is the way to stop a fishtailing trailer. He is a CHP officer on the pass thru the Sierras and sees many, many crashes, mostly caused by speed and fatigue. If I hadn’t asked him about this I surely would have tried to brake to control a fishtailing trailer. Hopefully I’ll never have one, but better to be forewarned.

I only get the digest, so don’t know if this has already been mentioned.

Kathy