From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lindak
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:43 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Fw: Do I feed prior to sedation?

From Linda-k
Have a horse lovin' day!!!

----- Original Message -----

From: Lindak

To: Ridecamp

Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:42 AM

Subject: Do I feed prior to sedation?

My vet is coming out here at 0800 this a.m. to geld my 9 mo. old colt.  My question is "should I be feeding him as he will be laying down sedated for the procedure?"  I know people aren't supposed to eat for 8 hours prior to being put under.  Does this apply to horses?  My vet didn't say anything about it so I "assume" it is alright to feed but just wanted to make sure as I didn't think to ask my vet and I can't reach him until he gets here to do the opn.  Thanks for any quick help.

From Linda-k
Have a horse lovin' day!!!

GIF image