Fw: [RC] Fw: Do I feed prior to sedation? - Lindak

Thank you for the tips.  I didn't feed prior Muffyn to the gelding procedure.  It went well, I saw the vet get both testicles, one at a time, so I'm fairly sure he won't be proud cut. (unless he has a 3rd one hidden somewhere:() There wasn't as much blood as I expected and in 30 minutes the foal jumped up and started staggering around.  In a few minutes more, he was pretty steady on his feet.  He wandered over to his food tub and munched a few bites.  I also had my farrier trim him for the first time while Muffyn was out.  Was interesting to watch both the vet & farrier working together at the same time.
From Linda-k
Have a horse lovin' day!!!