[RC] Ultra 100 Endurance Mt. Bike race? - Kathie Ford

Has anyone recently heard of a  Ultra 100 miler bike race in the Sierra Nevada this September?  Possibly riding on some of the Tevis/Western States trail? Is this legal?

There is talk about 700 riders?  This could be dangerous and destructive to trails and wildlife with that many users and/or reflect badly upon other users...just curious if anybody else has gotten wind of this..sounds like the permit process may be "under the table" to.

In my opinion, anything such as this should be tranparent and honest.  I was sort of wondering why I've seen many bikers on the single track at the Overlook and even across No Hands.

I don't mind Mt. Bikes at all on shared trails. But this sounds a little fishy.

Anybody out there know anything? Does Western States know?
kathie

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.