[RC] Eventing deaths - sherman

Actually I’ve heard of a few of these types of deaths at endurance rides also. I was just across the street at Tevis when the horse had just left the Foresthill vet check, walking down the road and drops dead. No, I don’t think these types of deaths are foreseeable and vets said that it likely would have happened even if the horse been standing in pasture.

The two horse deaths at the eventing sound like the same type of death (possible aneurism), at least the way it was written up.

Kathy

“And what's up with the horse dropping dead on the
course? Did that really happen? If so, shouldn't that
have been caught by a vet BEFORE the horse started?”