Re: [RC] Re: [RC] Eventing deaths - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

As much as I admire both of you Lynn and Jackie, know that you are both right -  and that there is no right or wrong in this situation.

As we have discussed on this forum, most recently, I might add, the equine industry is not for the faint at heart.  Horses are 800+ pound lethal weapons.  They are capable of thinking for themselves.  No matter how much training you put into them.  You can not ever be completely dependent that it will be as you wish 100% of the time.  With the exception of Stacy Westfall I don't kow any horse professional horse trainer that puts 100% trust and stock into the training of their horses.  They are not inanimate objects.

With all that said - let us all agree to disagree on the subject of riding disciplines.  Respect each other's right to our opinions and move on.  Half of the educational process is awareness.  Why?  Because once your consciousness has been raised you are no longer ever the same.  Therefore, make your opinion know, make your statements, and respect the right of anyone that disagrees with you.  That is also a valuable learning experience in life.

Furthermore, when someone posts to you with a private reply.  One should ask permission of the original poster to share that post.

JMHO.

D'Arcy