Re: [RC] Rumps Rugs- - Chrystal Woodhouse

When does one need one?? O.k. I want to live where you live!!!!!!:-)
How about freezing,cold rain on a windy day?? Those back rump muscles are HUGE and if they get cold from freezing rain or freezing wind after they have been rained on you are asking for trouble. When I rode at No Frills last year a lot of it was walking ( for me and my mare anyway:-)) up a mountain we went from cold and rainy to cold and snowy we got so high and then went back to cold and rainy, I had a rump rug on that day!!! However once the wet weather stopped I  just rolled  it up. I use it at home on a lot of conditioning rides , esp fall with the cold rain and winter with the -15 or -20 C weather, I have it on for our warm up, tied up for our fast work and then drop it back down over her rump as we walk home and cool down.
They are great for wet and cold weather, so not the New Mexico scenario ( plus a little ice  on water buckets isn't THATcold :-):-) <g>))

Chrystal :-)