[RC] Ipods / MP3 players while riding - Tx Trigger

I have an Ipod Nano I was given. I've ridden training rides, and competitions with it. I usually have a shirt with a pocket that snaps closed to drop it in to, or I found this cool lanyard that is made out of fuzzy cloth, with a velcro closure, so it would pull open if I somehow got it caught on something. With the lanyard, I drop it under my shirt.  Instead of individual ear buds, I got a tiny sports headset, that will hang around the back of my neck if I need to pop it out of my ears. Also, I can ride with one or both ear speakers. I found I can adjust the volume to the level of being able to hear what I feel I need to hear around me, and still hear my tunes. My horse usually hears things before I do anyway. For those who feel it is unsafe to ride with them, I always wondered why it would be any different than a rider with hearing loss. We have had a few endurance riders over the years with total loss of hearing out there on the trails at rides, and training.  But, as with anything, one must decide what is safe for them, and their situation. I find that music can be a great pick me up if it has been a really long ride.  Also, on training rides, if I am out there alone (which is 99% of the time) I can sing along, and my horse seems to be less spooky. I'm sure as I am not looking for boogers for him to jump at as much, thus he is more relaxed, as I am more relaxed.

Jonni in TX