Re: [RC] [RC] Snakes / Virginia??? - Barbara McCrary

No bears here on the CA coast, but we now have mountain lions for the first time in about 90 years.  No hunters in our community anymore, so the deer proliferate and invite the lions in to play.  Problem is, they like our daughter's goat herd, too and our calves.  Now if lions would take a fancy to coyotes for brunch, our calves would be a lot safer.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Snakes / Virginia???

Snakes and Bears....that's what you'll see in VA!   You won't see them, but they are out there.  A friend of mine who lives in VA has only run across the bears a couple of times...they run away before she gets close and the horse knows they are there before she ever even noticed.  The snakes.....she carries a gun and kills them.