Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Riding - Dawn Carrie

LOL about the mule statement.  My husband and I are convinced that there is a fertile mule in the pedigree of every Paso Fino!  Ross's Pasos are the sweetest, most eager to please horses I've ever seen...99% of the time.  But when those mule genes (sorry Marirose! <G>) rear their heads, they can be as stubborn as a rock.  Every once in a while, one of them will decide, "I'm not going to get in the trailer today."  They purse those lips, pinch those nostrils, and get a belligerent look on their face, as if to say, "and you can't make me"  *sigh*  Ross's main horse, Diamante, will every so often decide that his fun meter is on empty, and flat out refuse to so something.  For example, at a Sept. ride this year, Ross did the 50 the first day, and then because it was so hot, did the LD the second day (later realized D was fine, and he should have done the 50).  Anyhow, he finished 7th, and decided to show for BC just for the heck of it.  D trotted out and back, did the circle one way, but then decided that he had had enough trotting out for that weekend, and flat out refused to trot the other way...and was getting very pissy.  Ross had to take a "time out" to love on him, and then got him to trot the other way.  It was a hoot to watch!

Dawn Carrie, Texas