RE: [RC] my big red colt (long) - Christina McCarthy

I am so sorry....

Christina McCarthy

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:46:11 -0800
From: ebeyslew@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] my big red colt (long)
To: PNER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A few years back I was visiting a horse breeder in my area and came across this most awesome big red three day old colt.  He at a young age stirred something deep inside of me and I knew that he was meant to be mine.  The owner at the time did not want to sell him.  I  revisited about 6 weeks later and she would sell but the price was too high.  At three months I went back and she and I agreed on a price and I took him home.  I raised him up, watched him develop into a lovely young strong gelding.  When he was four I lost him in a divorce,  but he was given back to me 4 years later.  I was ecstatic.  In the last 8 months we got to know each other all over again.  We explored trails in Eastern WA. and started to take dressage lessons at the local boarding farm.  I was in love all over,  he was the same horse.   Then this morning I got the call,  "I'm so sorry, your horse died last night".  I could not believe my ears,  I kept saying, "well  is he OK now?  You must be kidding."   Although I heard the words they did not register.  My big red colt broke his neck in a safe, solid stall.  Although his potential will never be realized,  he will lives with me always.

God Speed,  Rama.  I will miss you

The fish are biting.