Re: [RC] Feeding on the ground? - Amber Roberts

Marirose Six wrote:
I feed on the ground for the reasons you mentioned. I do put any type of grain in a small bucket just so that they don't have to sift through the dirt to get it. Wild horses don't eat grain--so they don't have that issue. BTW, my critters don't get much grain either. JMO                        Marirose

I just replied about eating hay off the ground, as ours have done for years, and then I saw your note.  We do bring our horses into their stalls for grain once a day, mainly so we can check them over.  They eat a small amount of grain from feeders, then go back to the pasture and eat their hay from the ground.

Amber