[RC] Parelli Thread - Smith, Dave

Patty Peck:  To my knowledge, the Parelli’s have never claimed that their approach to horsemanship is either new or unique.

As one poster correctly noted, much of their approach can be traced all the way back to the ancient Greeks.  What they, and other luminaries like John Lyons, Clinton Anderson and other gifted teachers have done, is promote and popularize what has become known as Natural Horsemanship.  And while it is true that you don’t need to have gone to a clinic or studied under one of these teachers in order to learn good horsemanship, their clinics, books and CDs will speed up the learning process for those willing to spend the time and energy required. In my view, both the horseman and the horse benefits.  So why bash any of these teachers or their students?  I just don’t get it.