[RC] More Parelli Bashing - Smith, Dave

Richard Sacks:  Excellent post.  I just don’t understand why some folks feel a need to bash Parelli and his program simply because a few who have been involved with it treat it as a religion.  Most of us, however, don’t. Is it because the Pirelli’s are among the most successful clinicians in history and some people feel the need to tear down anyone who is more successful than they are?  You’ve got to wonder when two genuinely nice people like the Pirelli’s are the targets of so much venom.  Parelli was just what my wife and I needed when we broke all the rules as newbie horse owners and adopted our two mustangs.  His program taught us how to be safe around these large animals and how to bond with them.  Because of Parelli, I improved, my wife improved and best of all, our horse improved.  Obviously Parelli is not the only way to work with a horse.  But it is an effective – and even transforming -- way.  My wife and I and our two horses are proof of that.