[RC] LD's and another idea - Trailrite

In a message dated 11/8/2007 9:21:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What I am saying, that the "LD rides make the ride more profitable" (or
less unprofitable as the case may be), is oft times a fallacy.
I don't believe that LD rides should be looked at as either choices stated above.  LD rides are for riders to have a choice of starting in endurance, older horses or riders, or riders that just want to ride 25-35 miles, not 50 to 100.  Any Ride Manager going into putting on a ride for making money better do a double look at what they are about to do.  Most rides don't make money for their ride managers.

We put on a ride twice a year that has all distances 25, 50, 75, 100 and you can elevate up one distance.  This ride has been looked at as a stepping stone into a first ride, or a first elevated ride to a longer distance ride with great sucess.

Taking away something like an LD distance is not educating anyone anything about horse safety in our sport.

ANOTHER IDEA!
**** My thoughts (and has been for years) on this is that the Endurance News magizine should be offered into tack stores for new riders to educated themselves in this line of sport before becoming a member or attending their first ride.  EN has wonderful articicals but for some, it's after the fact of a mistake.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390