Re: [RC] breeds versatilty - Ellen Zawada

Hi Jackie,

If you are really into the Baroque horses you should consider one of the Spanish Mustang Breeds (I have Kigers myself).  Many of the Kigers are very Andalusian in looks, but have a lighter build (less muscle), have natural endurance, great personalities, and are very versatile.  I know of a few young Arab/Kiger crosses that will be used for endurance in the future.  Many are also being used under harness for fun, and in competition.  The is even a Kiger owner in TN that started a Wedding service usind her Kigers under harness.

Ellen

Jackie Causgrove <fairhairwolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is wonderful.  Thanks for all of the input.  I am just starting this.  I don't have any one horse in mind.

I choose an Andalusian cross because I do like the Barqoue horses.
However, I certainly will also look in the Arabians and the Morgans too.

So, given that this is the beginning of a search for me, I certainly want to keep avenues open.

As I said, for me, the most important thing is personality.  I like affectionate, intelligent horses with a lot of personality.  I have a grand time with those types of horses.
And obviously, a horse that is versatile.

Jackie

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Zephyr Creek Kigers

http://www.freewebs.com/zephyrcreek/index.htm
http://community.webshots.com/user/zephyrcreek