RE: [RC] Wound care on silly horse - Chrystal Woodhouse

After my horse jumped out of her trailer on to a highway as we were going a 100km's an hour this past summer she was pretty scraped/bashed  up :-( ( though miraculously nothing broken) I had a couple of various experienced horse people  tell me to get some wonder dust on some of her worse sores as they healed, however I just kept applying aloe lotion/gel and everything healed without a single scar or proud flesh!!!!!! All she has left to show of her "adventure" is one tooth that had the front half sheared off and the one next to it cracked, however as long as no-one goes poking into her mouth she looks perfect!!!!LOL

"Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM" <suendavid@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10/10/2007 05:58 PM

Please respond to
<suendavid@xxxxxxx>

"'Ridecamp'" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [RC]   Wound care on silly horse

>I can go clean out my first aid box!   I know I have all that stuff:  wonder dust, scarlet oil, furacin, purple stuff ....  :)

All those things do have one use for which they are unsurpassed, they are just wonderful for creating proud flesh.  Which in turn, is a great way to augment your veterinarian’s income, for which I am very grateful, because then I can afford to go to more rides as a participant rather than a lowly wage slave.  I love working on proud flesh, more so when the owner/caretaker has been diligently applying various caustic substances to make it really impressive.

JMO.
Susan Garlinghouse, DVM