Re: [RC] Wound care on silly horse - Beth Walker

Guess it is a good thing that I haven't used any of it in forever. ? ?And while I'm sure you have more fun at the rides as a participant (broken wrists aside), I was very grateful that you were at the Warner Springs ride as a 'lowly wage slave' ?--?
my horse Caisson was the one you stitched up when he tangled with the barbed wire. ?Everything healed up very nicely (no proud flesh, no white hair). ?And no - I didn't use any of that stuff in my box for his aftercare. ?:)

On Oct 10, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM wrote:

>I can go clean out my first aid box! ? I know I have all that stuff: ?wonder dust, scarlet oil, furacin, purple stuff .... ?:) ??
?
All those things do have one use for which they are unsurpassed, they are just wonderful for creating proud flesh.? Which in turn, is a great way to augment your veterinarian’s income, for which I am very grateful, because then I can afford to go to more rides as a participant rather than a lowly wage slave.? I love working on proud flesh, more so when the owner/caretaker has been diligently applying various caustic substances to make it really impressive.
?
JMO.
Susan Garlinghouse, DVM