Re: [RC] AHA Sanction rides - Eric Rueter

I will not disagree that a local club in AZ hosts or has hosted an Endurance
Ride that is not AERC sanctioned - I live on the other side of the country.
I will however, disagree that it was / is AHA sanctioned.

This is from the on-line 2007 AHA Handbook, Article 1611 deals with AHA
recognized Endurance Rides (i.e. "Local Rides" / Qualifying rides not
Regional or National Championship Rides).  Article 1611.2 states "The
current AERC rules will be followed except where superceded by AHA rules as
published in the current AHA Handbook."  There are no sections of Article
1611 which currently supercede any of the AERC rules (the other two rules
deal with a description of an AHA Endurance Ride and the AHA sanctioning fee
and procedures).

Now I guess you can *use* an organization's rules without paying a sanction
fee, but the AERC Rules appear to me to make the assumption that the event
they are governing is a sanctioned event.  The very first line in the rules
is "The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Board of
Directors of the AERC and are binding on AERC sanctioned rides."

Just glancing at the AHA Handbook, AHA does have it's own set of rules for
CTR, and / or will accept the rules of about 15 CTR Organizations (the first
one listed is AHA).

thanx eric
Eric Rueter
Rueter Consulting, Inc.