[RC] Trotting Styles of Horses - Val Nicoson

I'm looking for my next endurance horse and have come upon the option of different trotting styles of horses.

One has a "sewing machine" type of trot...vertical action...and is said to be a smooth ride...slow walker

The other has more of what's considered a typical Arab trot with more extension to the stride and is also said to be smooth.

Can anyone can give me pros and cons to either or both...although ultimately I understand it's a matter of what one gets used to.

Thanks!
Val