[RC] what is the point of AERC sanctioning - Richard I. Stedman

"We seem to have a problem here in the Northeast with sanctioning. I noticed the problem last year with a ride in PA which never should have been sanctioned. It was a COMPLETE disaster and well known prior to the ride that it was not ready for sanctioning, LONG delays in rides getting sanctioned and now we have 2  100 mile rides within days of one another a few hundred miles apart. There are so few 100 that are run many fight to have enough entries to make it worth while and now because of they were sanctioned so close together it will hurt BOTH  ride management and the riders. again I ask the question what is the point of sanctioning. "