Re: [RC] HWC - Truman Prevatt

One way to settle this discussion lies in the answer of a very two very simple questions.

1. How many horse deaths have occurred since the establishment of the HWC?
2. Of those deaths how many reports have been made public?

I contend if the answer to 2 is not every one of those in 1 (or are in the process of being published) then there is an inherent problem in the functioning of the HWC.

I would think the members of the AERC would be better served if the members of the HWC spent their time working on its mission rather than trying to intimidate interested members of the AERC.

Personally, I had great hopes when the HWC was established. However, I have been very disappointed in its implementation.

Truman

Bruce Weary wrote:
Dear Jim--
Unfortunately, I am bound by my constituents and the responsibilities of my positions on the HWC, the Vet Committee, and the BOD, to NOT be cryptic in my communications, actions, or opinions, as you so obviously seem to be regarding your personal reasons for wanting to know every immediate detail regarding horse deaths.
There is simply no convincing you by the Vet Committee, the HWC, the already published death reports ( or those yet to be made public), or personal communication that with few exceptions, there is as yet no discernible pattern of horsemanship or equine husbandry that can be credibly blamed (and thus new rules and forms of rider punishment created--per your demands) as avoidable causes of death in endurance horses. I don't know how to say it more clearly than that. :>
However, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. In the interest of honoring your bellicose demands for outright transparency of all matters and discussion pertaining to horse deaths, I include below, for at least the Ridecamp portion of my constituency, your most recent email to me. I will not make comment on it. I trust in the intelligence of these people to decide if they side with you or somewhere else.

Bruce Weary

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics