[RC] splint & bell boots vs. sport boots - Buzzard's Roost

Here's another decision I need help with:

My horse doesn't interfere, but he can get trippy when he gets tired, so I want to use some sort of leg protection on our 1st 50 just to be safe.  (We usually ride bare-legged).  I thought I'd buy splint & bell boots, but then I remembered that I have a pair of those sport boots/wraps with the built-in bell boot so now I'm wondering if I should just wear those instead.

Are you not supposed to wear the sport boots for extended periods?  I seem to recall something about that, but can't remember.  I don't think I've ever seen an endurance horse wearing sport boots, so that should tell me something....

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.