RE: [RC] Should I buy this horse? - Bonnie Peralez

<<Without that initial good care, the intestinal system can be damaged and possibly result in a compromised digestive <<system that will affect the horse as a teenager, being more prone to colic.

Many years ago I bought a 3 year old that had been in pasture all his life and not handled much. In those days we tube wormed and the vet was amazed at all the small strongyles this horse passed. He tubed him again a few weeks later and told me he had really been full of worms.

I wanted to use him for NATRC and found that he never really recovered that well and so I sold him as a 5 year old. I heard later that when he was around 10 years old he died of colic and I always figured it was from early worm damage.

Bonnie

www.thistledown-borderterriers.com