[RC] Should I buy this horse? - sherman

My vet told me that recent studies have shown that the most important time to have good parasite control is in the first 6 mos. of the horse’s life. Without that initial good care, the intestinal system can be damaged and possibly result in a compromised digestive system that will affect the horse as a teenager, being more prone to colic. This horse did have good early care, right?

I would be concerned about ever being able to find a saddle that would be comfortable and stay in place for this horse. If you’re not going to do long hard rides, maybe that won’t make a difference.

Kathy

Unless you have a strong *emotional* need to buy a horse like this, I'd skip on her for several reasons:
1. her history of starvation plus probably worm infestation & who knows what else
2. her poor general conformation
3. her spine. Actually, it looks to me as though she is still underweight, especially for a foxtrotter, and totally lacks muscle tone. With maybe 200 more pounds, her spine probably wouldn't stick up, but still I'd pass unless, as I said, you have an emotional need to buy her.
Laney