[RC] Parelli and Natural Horsemanship - Pam Salem

I think that the Parelli methods have helped a lot of green horse people and their horses, thus making life better for some horses. The flamboyant personality and the guru behavior of some of his followers turned me off from the beginning, but I think there is value in what he teaches.  I just think he really appeals more to people who don't know much and want to be like him and his students who put on those shows all over the country.  The cult mentatlity does not appeal to me. Nor does the dare devil edge of the former rodeo cowboy, Parelli.  Whitney was a rodeo clown for many years, and demonstrates only safety and respect around the animals.

Fortunately the instructor I had for the Level I was a master, Dave Ellis, from Callifornia.  Never turn down an opportunity to learn from him.  He was excellent. http://rangerdave.instructor.parelli.com/