RE: [RC] Parelli and Natural Horsemanship - Milroy Grosse

"Smith, Dave" <dsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And to Milroy, you and I obviously differ because I believe that when it
comes to horses, the Parellis are great teachers -- how else do you
explain the many thousands of horse people around the world who have
voluntarily come to them for their teaching.

No Dave, we do not differ.  I did agree with you that Parelli and many of the others are good horsemen and teachers.  I DO NOT agree that he (or any of them) is on the ALTRUISTIC level of Christ, Buddha and Confucius.  Otherwise, he would be giving his stuff away.  I was just pointing out to you, that if you keep making comparisons like that, all you are going to do a lot to "put people off".  Yes, they have come voluntarily to their teaching....but they have paid, sometimes a lot, for it. Now that being said...I don't begrudge them anything.  I think this is a great nation because people can take a unique skill and turn it into a business.

Maybe you can compare him to great teachers such as Dr Adkins, Jenny Craig, Mary Kay. These individuals have done a great deal to educate people about nutrition, fitness and beauty.  They have packaged their knowledge into nice understandable formats that the general public can understand.  AND I THINK IT'S ALL GREAT FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!  Having the brains to present things and break them down in ways that are easily understood by the masses is brilliant.

But please don't compare Parelli with Christ, Buddha or Confucius. I mean, the guy probably isn't coming up with all this stuff on his own after all. Do you really think Pat Parelli is sitting around the campfire, eating his pork and beans talking to his buddies about the "horsenality" color coded wheel?  NAWW, he's out riding and having fun while his marketing geniuses are busy at work.  AND MORE POWER TOO HIM!!

I have a "stick", I have a "rope halter", I have a 14' lead line.  I have DVDs.  I try to practice NH......we are not that different.

I hope you had a great ride today.  You obviously care a lot for your horses and for that, you deserve great rides everyday.