Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] - Karen Sullivan

After reading this, I walked away to think, instead of reacting to
it....still have to give an opinion....given what is -written- below,
I still have a hard time thinking that doing any kind of distance
riding is a good or kind thing for this mare.  Bless the hearts of the
folks who rescued her and obviously put in so much care to improve her
life.  I would think there would be a lot of low-stress jobs this
horse could do; in best-case scenario...but I have a hard time
understanding why someone would chose to do distance on a horse with
no tendons and a broken down fetlock joint...and if the horse has to
wear a special curved shoe; and is not landing properly on the hoof,
then the hoof structures can't be that healthy either and.....

.WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY sound and well-conformed horses going to
auction and killers for a pittance, isn't that perhaps a better place
to put efforts to develop a distance horse......?

I guess I am going to get flamed for this.....and please don't compare
this horse to human atheletes who overcome physical disabilities in
order to accomplish athletic wonders; becase this horse has no
choice.....

Maybe the horse isn't as bad as the post sounds..and maybe I am being
just judgemental.....but it's my opinion......there are tons of horses
out there that would be well suited for the sport of endurance....
Karen