Re: [RC] Mt St Helens.. - Mary Ann Spencer

Maybe just as well you were not aware of all the damage that happened to everyday people carrying on everyday routine living.  I used to work in the shadow of Mt St Helen's.  Who knows what mother earth has in store for us.  Most of the mountain peaks looked like volcano peaks to me while I was growing up but the adults said they were extinct.  SO we can't really depend on old theories............  just as in horse training, it is time to question....... the old stuff and learn the more gentler methods.  There are plenty of folks out there..........  most will require you to go to weekly lessons...... where u get to trailer your horse to their place.  We can all choose our choice of training.  It is good to have someone on the ground periodically to see what u can't see.  As there are lots of trainers out there, there is NO reason to bad mouth one unless they are abusive.  If you have not tried it, don't knock it.................
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:14 AM
Subject: [RC] Mt St Helens..

God, you two are making me feel OLD!

I lived in-between Mt Renier and Mt St Helens.. Could just see both of them from the yard when the skies were clear and blue... I remember being rained out on a camping trip near the lake, at the time I was mad that we couldn't go canoing... Mom tells me that that camping trip was just 3 months prior to the eruption..

I remember the eruption. Thought it was so COOL!  he, he,   Ashfall is wonderful to a 9 year old child... Still have some saved in a jar at my parent's house..

My Dad transferred to TN soon after. There were MANY people in that town that were afraid that Mt Reneir would be 'set off' by Helen. At the time, volcanology was still in it's infancy, thus the scientists couldn't tell if it would or not..

- LP