[RC] Mt St Helens.. - Spottedracer

God, you two are making me feel OLD!

I lived in-between Mt Renier and Mt St Helens.. Could just see both of them from the yard when the skies were clear and blue... I remember being rained out on a camping trip near the lake, at the time I was mad that we couldn't go canoing... Mom tells me that that camping trip was just 3 months prior to the eruption..

I remember the eruption. Thought it was so COOL!  he, he,   Ashfall is wonderful to a 9 year old child... Still have some saved in a jar at my parent's house..

My Dad transferred to TN soon after. There were MANY people in that town that were afraid that Mt Reneir would be 'set off' by Helen. At the time, volcanology was still in it's infancy, thus the scientists couldn't tell if it would or not..

- LP