[RC] can't water your livestock - Spottedracer

Here in Dickson County, TN (in 'extreme drought' - Lafayette close to the 'exceptional' drought region..AKA worse than my county..)

I've been watching the pastures around me... Most are 150-400 acres. W/ 'natural creeks' and BIG/DEEP ponds - which have NEVER gone completely dry in 50 years... They're all dry now..    I'd say I've noticed over 1500 head of cattle (total) get thinner - then disappear recently when the 'natural water sources' dried up...

Here in Dickson county, it's pretty much become illegal to drill new wells - since our landfill has contaminated the groundwater.... In Franklin, Williamson County TN - A fellow stable owner just paid $6,000 to drill a 450' deep well. Came up dry - and her large creek is now also dry...

Guess I'm 'lucky' - Bordering my property is the large creek which one of Dickson's main water intakes is on - just 1/2 mile downstream from me... If push comes to shove - I'll spend $3,000 on a large pump, run electricity all the way down to it, and connect to my paddock water lines via reverse pressure. (I have a cut-off valve between the house and the underground pipes to all the paddocks....)... If the creek next to me goes dry - there won't be water for drinking much less washing cars..

- LP