RE: [RC] [RC] [RC] - Katrina Mosshammer

Well, you obviously don't know this mare. "Low-Key" is not in Kissie's
vocabulary.

As we said we spent almost 6 years getting her leg better before we ever
considered doing a ride on her. This mare has more athletic ability than a
lot of horses I've seen. She had the best vet scores of any horses we have.
She has been in this pasture this year because mom has started the
youngsters. You should see the "go to hell" look she gives when you don't
take her with you. We used her to pony the youngsters when they are starting
and she gets downright pissy with the slow stuff. She will pull you to go
down the trail and not just at rides when the adrenaline is up she does it
at home as well. She loves to go and hates to be left. After one ride when
she was done and back in camp, she managed to get out of her pen and took
off down the trail. And played "catch me if you can" with us. She just
hadn't had enough.

And as for going and getting another horse; let me tell you our situation.
We have eight horses and a donkey. Three of the horses are our old guys all
over 25. My appy mare is in her early teens but has gone blind so she just
stays in the pasture. Perle and Deke are my 8 yo mare and 5 yo gelding,
which are our current endurance horses. Goblin is mom's 4 yo which is being
started under saddle this summer. And Kissie who is semi-retired while we
work with the youngsters. We choose to keep our retired horses.

You are more that welcome to come see this mare anytime and you can see for
yourself that her life is much better off now that we have put the time into
her and gave her a job that she truly enjoys.

Katrina