Re: [RC] falling safely - Amber Roberts

I did that once and my mare "danced" on me.  I think I would have been better off to let go.
PP

If I have a next time, I'll try to let go, too.  Some years ago, my horse fell with me and I held onto the reins as I stepped off.  However, as the horse got to its feet, he put the weight of his front foot on the inside of my lower leg and stood up.  Nothing got broken but I ended up with a horrible bruise all the way down my lower leg.  And the horse only went a few feet away and stopped!

Amber