[RC] Horse with attitude... - Sabrina

Anyone else have a horse like this or am I the only lucky one? I have a horse that I have owned for the last 9 of his 12 years. I have come off this guy 7 times. It seems that he must dump me about every year or so... what? to keep me on my toes? The most recent episode was about 2 weeks ago. I hadnt ridden him in 2 months because I have been paying attention to my new horse. Just got on him for a casual bonding ride, no real workout planned. Everything started out just as calm as can be. I rode him for about 20 minutes at a friends arena, then all of a sudden he just flew into his "bronc of the year" status! Well, I came off immediately, (no 8 seconds in this gal), got up, walked over to him, got back on and continued our leisurely ride. What the??? My reaction to this was that he was ticked off at me for putting him on the back burner for those last 2 months. I swear this horse is smart and has attitude! He is my main LD horse, and I love him dearly, but lately I feel like the abused woman... Oh, I'm so sweet, (sucker you in), You can trust me, (batting of the eyelashes), then WHAM, rider eats dirt! You get up, brush yourself off, and the dang beast nuzzles you and sneaks a few licks on your arm. SUCKER!
I would love to hear some input on this topic, and make it funny, its getting depressing around here with all the 'slaughter' talk.
Ride safe, and wear your helmet! Hence the email dirtangel... :o)
Sabrina